Existing Member?

I'm busy studying.. News, stories, and experiences of my summer in Europe

Hey all

CZECH REPUBLIC | Friday, 29 June 2007 | Views [507] | Comments [1]

Hope all is well back in the states! All is definitely well here in the Czech Republic!!

So since my last update I've done a few cool things, but also relaxed a little.

Headed out to a Communist Museum on Tuesday, which was interesting but not that big. Then went an Irish Pub for awhile (Yeah...Irish Pub) and met some girls and guy who were from Florida and only in Prague 1 night, so we had to take them and show them the town...Lets just say waking up to be at class at 9 on weds was rough.

Class was alright, it was my War Crimes class which seems pretty interesting, but has a lot of reading involved. After class I worked on some of that reading. Went out for awhile later in the afternoon and just hung out with everyone. Last night I went to a Thai restaurant, awesome food. Yeah I know, it’s a little weird eating Thai while in Prague, but it was sooo good. Came back watched a movie, and went to bed at a decent time.

Today so far has been in interesting one. After sitting around for awhile this morning me and a bunch of the guys decided to go for a walk. I finally waited around to watch the Astronomical Clock that goes off every hour in the Town Square. I think it was a little anti-climatic but if your in Prague you have to see it. I then suggested we climb the Tower at Charles Bridge. It was a cool view but it started to rain while we were up there. Then someone had the idea of walking up Petrin Hill once the rain stopped. We had no idea how far it was, or much we had to climb. After making it to the woods we had to zig-zag our way up this hill on paths until we finally reached the tower, which is kind of like the Eiffel tower in France, just not as high. So we paid out 40 koruna and started climbing. Just a reminder...we had climbed the tower at Charles bridge already, walked throughout the city, then climbed a giant hill...To get to the top of Petrin Tower is 299 steps, but the view was worth it. It's the highest point in Prague so you can imagine the view. All of a sudden a huge storm rolls up on us...with lightning. Mind you this highest point in all of Prague is made of steel. Steel + Lightning = not good things. So we rushed down the tower and waited for the storm to pass, and then slowly made our way back across the bridge to our flat, where I am now writing this.

No plans for tonight, I need to go to the grocery store witch is always fun when no-one there speaks English...wish me luck

Also I added some more pictures from my adventures including climbing Petrin Hill, Charles Bridge, the astronomical clock, and the Communist Museum...

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hi Matt:
Why do I feel the need to say: "Only You":) It sounds like you are having a great time and have settled in - How have the people been that you have met?
I love reading your updates so keep them coming! Be safe and have a great time.
much love,
Theresa

  theresa Jun 29, 2007 5:07 AM

About mcornish


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.