Existing Member?

Meet Ruben

World Nomads Scholarship 2015 - Meet Ruben

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [253] | Scholarship Entry

I WANT THIS.
I am a French 32 year old mother of one, married to a Colombian, living in London. I am not an adrenaline junkie but what I do love is meeting new people, sharing in their stories, understanding their roots.
I'm always working on the periphery of the industry, but I need to make something happen this decade! I want to show my daughter it is possible for women to have their dream career, travel and have a family.
Colombia is now in my family, but we haven't managed to cross the Atlantic yet so this would be the opportunity of a lifetime and I am more than ready to seize it. The film is very rough (my FCP died on me and I've had to edit on Movie Maker) but if you can look past it and see the passion for a heartfelt frame and helping the interviewee open up, I am more than open to being mentored!
The stories I seem to have to tell share the common thread of people being at odds with the world they live in. My first short, The Little Kiss Shop, was about bringing back romanticism in a world where consumerism extends to sex.
My second short 'Enough' featuring Natalia Tena (Game of Thrones) is a what if conversation between a young bride to be and her ex boyfriend before she goes off to marry a woman.
Those are the stories that take us outside our comfort zone and eventually make a grow - the nature of being human. And I bet the tribe living in the Pacific Coast of Colombia is somewhat at odds with the world we live in - which always makes for a great story.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About maureen


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.