Existing Member?

Wish You Could've Seen This

A moment at the top of the world

NEPAL | Friday, 10 January 2014 | Views [648]

Wish You Could've Seen This is a project initiated by photographer Maude Plante-Husaruk and composer Maxime Lacoste Lebuis

Spending a year in Asia experiencing different cultures and meeting inspiring people redefined our perception of the western mindset. At times, getting to know cultures that are so unlike our own brings about profound changes of perspective about how you see your society. It’s this fresh perspective, this new look on things that we try to share through some striking moments we witnessed at the other side of the world.These moments changed our way of seeing the world. Hopefully, in a small way, they will do the same for you. 

It’s in Nepal that stand the highest mountains in the world. The Nepalis living in high-altitude brave the forces of nature everyday to make a living out of tourism. Without any roads leading up to the top, food, supplies, tools and medicine must be carried up on the back of porters. The rough climate makes agriculture almost impossible so they rely on livestock for dairies and fabric. 

In such conditions, even something as simple and taken for granted as making cheese can be a great accomplishment. 

 

Tags: adventure, animals, asia, food, himalaya, mountains, nepal, on he road, snow, trekking

About maudeplh


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.