Existing Member?

Tales from Here?!

Farewell Australia!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 30 July 2012 | Views [1077] | Comments [3]

30th July 2012

Well, six weeks has flown by. Not nearly enough time here! We would both happily stay longer.

We started in Sydney, which was a great city, then traveled the east coast, where we had lots of rain at times and some beautiful scenery.

We had to get extra bedding, as it dropped so cold at one point, Matt even had to wear a hat one night!

I have been a little bit disappointed with how much wildlife we have seen, a lot of the time, the poor old roo's have been squished on the roadside! (and I haven't spotted 1 emu!). 

We have met a lot a very friendly people, most of them on free campsites!

Our home for the last 5 weeks cost us $1,200 hire and we have spent $1,110 on fuel and we have traveled 8,110kms! Not bad in 5 weeks. The longest we spent in one place was ...2 nights!

It is now 30 degrees in Darwin, as we wait to board our flight to Bali.  Fortunately, we arrived at the airport nice and early, as the girl who checked us in, told us we could not board, as we did not have an on-going ticket out of Bali!! So we have now purchased a ticket from Jakata to Singapore in 1 months time!! (it was only $100 for the 2 tickets).

We would highly reccomend visiting Oz and especailly the Great Barrier Reef, that really was 'out of this world'!

I am going to try very hard to do smaller, more frequents blogs when we are in Indonesia, so hopefully I won't bore you too much.

Bali......here we come!

Comments

1

Glad you have enjoyed OZ...hope the next part of your adventure is as enjoyable!!!
Take Care...and have fun!

  Maria Jul 30, 2012 7:12 PM

2

So glad you have had a fantastic time in OZ and hope you enjoy Bali just a much. will now keep looking at the blog again. take care love to you both. xx

  Jane Aug 3, 2012 12:33 AM

3

After not being able to get on the internet properly for over at least 7 months apart from on my phone iv not been keeping up with your blog. Iv just read from feb to now and i cant stop reading. (I should be working oops!)
and on i go with July to the present, sounds liek your having an amazing time. love to both x

  Georgie Feb 24, 2013 11:20 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.