Existing Member?

Tales from Here?!

Brisbane

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 13 July 2012 | Views [910]

We arrive in Brisbane on the 3rd July, on a hot and sunny day, but with a cool breeze still. We book into a 'Big 4' campsite ($36). We have a really cold night, but wake up the next morning, to another beautiful day, after several days of rain.

We catch the bus into town, about a 30 minute ride away ($7 each, - not as cheap as S.America!) and arrive in the centre of a clean, safe feeling small city.  Although, we don't think it's got anywhere near the atmosphere of Sydney.

Have a walk around the Botanical Gardens and down by the river, then back up into town and after talking to a very friendly Kiwi shop keeper, we head for the South Bank.   

Here we decide to go on the equivalent of the London Eye. A 60 metre big wheel. It's a very laid back area, people lunching and sunbathing around the man-made lagoon. It's a really nice idea, but a little strange in city!

On the way back to the bus, we pass the Brisbane College of Hairdressing. A few days ago, when we were in Uki, I popped into the village hairdressers and asked how much she would charge to 'trim' my hair, $40's! (26 pound!), needless to say, I didn't have it done! so I ask in the college, $17 that's more like it! For a trainee, I was very happy, (should do me until I get home!)

Another very cold night.

Tomorrow of to Fraser Island.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.