Existing Member?

Green

Green Canyon

INDONESIA | Thursday, 1 May 2014 | Views [380] | Scholarship Entry

Green Canyon is located in the Kertayasa Village, Indonesia. The locals called the Green Canyon as "Cukang Taneuh" or in English means "Land Bridge". The locals’ opinion, the Green Canyon was first coined by Bill Joness U.S. citizens who visit there in 1989. Bill Joness thought that the locations along the river has in common with Green Canal in Colorado U.S. or Okazaki in Kyoto Japan, and that's why he called it the Green Canyon.
Most visitors start the trip to Green Canyon from Pier Ciseureuh, including myself to enjoy the caves and waterfalls are scattered on the cliffs. The first time I arrived at the gate of Pier Ciseureuh, jungle atmosphere and fresh air has begun to be felt in this place. However, the journey is still long to go there. Due to be able to enjoy the natural beauty of Green Canyon with its natural charm of Citandury I must down the river with a boat that can only be rented by five passengers riding. And this being the only means of transport to do adventure in the Green Canyon to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
In the middle watershed of Citandury has many limestone rocks which are large enough. So, me and the other boat passengers would often climb the rocks and then jump back into the water. It is a challenge, especially those who have never made the leap into the water from a great height. There were two challenges that i must did, like climbing rocks and jumping into the current. There is a sense of satisfaction when I can conquer fear so that makes me always want to try and try again.
When I had to trekking to the top of the terrain slope 90 degrees. I should be able to go up by just holding the stones and only assisted by a yellow rope. Although there were several crews that are ready to sustain and attract me, but it was still very creepy for me. A fear of heights, fear of a slippery pole, fear of water, it was mixed together. It was not end up there, I still have to walk on the edge of the cliff rather slippery. I can’t imagine If I did something a little sloppy, of course i will fall down. In addition, the second thrilling part is also when I have to jump from a height of two times anyway. When I must jumped from a height of 7 meters for the first time in my life, I've so worried. One unexpected thing after my jump, I forgot about worried, I just felt that want to jump and jump again. If you are a traveler or backpacker who likes a challenge, you must to be really into Green Canyon, Indonesia.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About masripah


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.