Existing Member?

Exploring the world Live well and full fill

Load up and get ready

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 29 April 2009 | Views [324]

I was told May would  be a good time to  visit London, as it wouldn't be too cole.

Finally, I was going to a trip to Europe for the first time in my life, how exciting!

Decided the cities and places that I wanted to visit in this trip, London, Paris, Ireland...

1. Choose a hotel to stay

After some research and learning, I decided to book a small hotel near Paddington station, where it is a main tube line and buses whick could take to anywhere literally.

2. Load some cash

I decided to  take some GBP, and Euro with me. I found Bank of China near Wynyard station does good rate for Euro.

3. Packing

Small carry on cabin bags would be the go, so went out and bought a small soft bag with two wheels, plus a backpack, all my stuff for three weeks is ready to go.

4. Oyster card

One of my colleages introduced me Oyster card, a smart card, used on Tubes and Buses in London. It can be topped up when the balance is low.  I searched Oystercard.com and found one of the overseas agent in 263 Clareance st in Sydney, went over there and bought off from them, they also gave me the tube and bus maps which showed me a clearer picture of London's transportation, I was so impressed by the transportation network in London.

5. Get travel insurance

Worldnomads.com offers a great flexible cover, buy a short duration, extend it later.

6. First Aid package

Prepared self for a small package of some first aid stuff just in case.

Tags: preparation

About mary_nomads


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.