Existing Member?

Hayastan am Bob Markarian Lawrence. In April and May of 2007 I journeyed back to Armenia (Hayastan in the Armenian language) to reconnect. My grandmother, great-aunt, great-uncle and great-grandmother were the only members of my immediate family to escape the gen

A Week to Go

USA | Monday, 16 April 2007 | Views [620] | Comments [3]

Bari Or, Actually a week and a half to go. I am very excited and at the same time, savoring my time before leaving. I know how much I'll miss Kristina, our children and grandchildren and friends.

I had a wonderfully funny phone conversation with my landlady in Yerevan today. I struggle with my rudimentary Armenian and she speaks wonderful English. She is very patient with me and I find myself telling her after almost every sentence "I didn't understand, could you say that in English?" I know when I'm immersed in the language all the months of studying will pay off. I figure I speak at about a two year old level and understand at about a one-year old level.

I want to thank my family and friends for their love and support for me in this journey. I am so blessed with wonderful people in my life.

Bari chanapar yev tsedesutyun,

Bob

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

WOW! Have a great time and a safe journey, what an adventure!
Love David

  david steinecker Apr 24, 2007 2:12 AM

2

Bon Voyage, Brother Dear...

Keep in touch, Be Well. See you after the Trip.

  Victoria Apr 28, 2007 12:17 PM

3

Thinking of you on your adventure...Hope all is well..let us know what's up...we'll try to keep in touch...

love to you........Jack

  Brother Jack Apr 28, 2007 12:47 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.