Existing Member?

Photography Scholarship Entry

Travel Photography Scholarship

PHILIPPINES | Monday, 7 November 2011 | Views [924]

Mabuhay! I am Marissa Cuenca from Marikina, Philippines. I am an educational therapist and a photography enthusiast.

My passions include teaching, creative arts, music and photography. I handled different levels in the academe during the start of my teaching career, but I focused more on early childhood for several years.  I was also invited to teach in college for a year, while I was completing for my Master’s Degree in Education.

I am drawn to photography since I was young. It interested me to see people taking pictures of other people, animals, objects and scenes. That’s when my curiosity with the camera begun that I would often play and explore with my father’s camera. I borrowed it every now and then. I would bring it to school especially during field trips. I would experiment in taking several shots with different subjects, views and angles. This is when my passion started to grow for this art form. I became somehow an expert in our family in operating this wonderful thing that captures precious moments in time.

It challenges me to take better shots knowing that my family and friends liked most of them. I am delighted to learn that I was able to inspire them by sharing the things that I’ve seen behind the lenses.

I am a proponent of continuous self development. I believe that this is a great learning opportunity if ever I get chosen. I am aware that I still have many things to know in this area. The thought of working and being mentored by a respected professional is an enormous help in improving my skills in photography.  I love to pursue photography as one of my careers in the near future.  

Thank you and the best of luck to all of us!

Tags: children, kids, lights, nature, people, sky, travel, water

About marissa_pco


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.