Existing Member?

Crazy traveler

Dream country

TAIWAN | Thursday, 28 May 2015 | Views [490] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

Summer is the best time...Why? Maybe because my birthday are in summer or maybe the best moments in my life happens during the warmest part of the year? My story will be about great trip that happens with me....about great country and people
It was 18 of may...sunny day in Ukraine...I open my mailbox and found something very special: We would like to congratulate you on making it through the preliminary selections of the Republic of China (Taiwan) International Youth Week - Centennial Homestay.
That year open for me a special country - Taiwan. I live far away and it was great opportunity for me have such trip. i was really happy!
I have 14 days to discover culture and find a lot of adventures with new friend.
I was living with a local family so i can find how that live, there culture. We are traveling all over the country - visiting local churches, monuments. By the way - when local children's visit some places they collect stamps and put them in special notepad (so i made a great collection) :)
I was in love with Taipei. Taipei is awesome! In this city you can get the best time - eat great and most delicious food, have a great shopping in night market, walk all day and find new places. It is awesome city because you can see high-tech city, but one one street and you in aol fashion tradishinal city. The best place to visit - Taipei 101(you need to see the city at night - from the biggest building in the world), zoo - very beautiful place with happy animals, National Palace Museum and you need to try Maokong gondola - the gondola br?ngs p?ople from the zoo to the mountain village that is fam?us for ?ts tea! Though I've tried and tr?ed to love the taste of coffee, I have yet to succeed, so my go-to drink of choice is tea, so of course, we had to visit the tea town! You can see all city!
We are young and want to see all :) So we try the night life in Taipei - the city is full of cafe, pubs and clubs. But one of the most famous - Luxy - if you are blond - you can get in club more easily and without waiting line :) Great music, a lot of people and fun.
And the last but not the least - food in Taiwan - awesome! You don't need restaurant - you can visit little cafe (but be careful - no english menu) and try everything :) And the best place to try something really special - night market. Don't worry - everything is really tasty (almost everything) :)
But be careful with moon cake sometimes they are really strange!

Visit Taiwan! It is awesome

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

Comments

1

You are right - Taiwan is amazing, one of the most incredible places I have ever been. But you are also wrong - it does not belong to China.

  ephemeral Jun 9, 2015 5:35 PM

About marina_ukrainian_traveler


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Taiwan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.