Existing Member?

...just a random person who adores traveling and taking photos

Just a random person who adores travelling...

CROATIA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [607] | Scholarship Entry

It is the Best Place on the planet according to Marija Gorgieva, and guess what, that’s me just a random person who adores traveling and taking photos. I treat my travel destinations as my goals. On my list “To Visit”, you can find different locations and all of them are unique somehow. The destination that I’m going to talk about was on my list to visit for a long time. Croatia is a lovely country especially if you go there during the summer! I can only confirm that the best part of the Adriatic Sea is within the borders of Croatia. In 2010 I was just on a regular vacation with my friends. We stayed in Makarska, which is an interesting tourist place.7 days is not a long period, but if you are well organized you can visit the local islands, Dubrovnik, do rafting on Cetina river or even spent some time in Split or visit Krka falls. It was an amazing trip. However the piece in the puzzle was missing. I felt like I didn't see the best of Croatia. There was this one place in this lovely country waiting for me out there. It was April 2014. After the wonderful trip to Postojnska Cava organized by Macedonian travel agency for the Easter holidays, we headed to my dream destination. The weather was not as good as expected, a little rain, and a bit fuggy, but I was so excited.I will finally getting the chance to visit one of the seven wonders in the world. On the way there it is just an outstanding landscape, untouched beauty and we are all waiting for the best part to show up.We were getting closer and closer and we were finally there! Tickets are bought, maps are distributed, and our tour guide is ready to start the fabulous trip. Plitvice Lakes National Park was waiting for me and it was exactly the same beauty as on the photos I was browsing even 7 years ago. Plitvice Lakes at its finest.What a peaceful view you have a feeling which can’t be described with words, and there is only one rule - enjoy and get the feel of the nature! I had my camera, but capturing with my eyes was preferable. Lakes are gorgeous and it was worth waiting all these years. Our tour was around 2 hours, and that includes the walking and the boat tour around the lower lakes. If you decide to take a tour with the upper lakes as well, you will need a day or so. Nature makes miracles. You never know what future brings, so you need to be “well prepared” always with at least two to three destinations in your ”pocket”. Maybe you are the next person to answer the question how did I end up here.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About marijag


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.