Existing Member?

Tunisia experience

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 7 March 2012 | Views [170] | Scholarship Entry

Something about Tunisia, was there to visit some friends and also had a pleasure to see how are weddings in Arabian stile. On the journey of 10 days have been on 3 Tunisian weddings and walking alone though capital Tunis (Sidi-Bou-Said & Cartage ) where of corse met a lot of African and European tourists. At the beginning i was maby a little afraid to walk by myself there (i was there in 2011 second time, after the revolution), but in first five minutes of walking the feeling was changed. All the local people were so kind to me, everyone wanted to help me to find the right way to my destination, but in the same time to drag me in their store to buy something. But they can explain you almost everything about any product they have to sell. This thing can be disturbing after some time, but it's at all, they fight for their life, it's not easy there.
About weddings, fist to specify that is not at all like in Europe to give money or buy some gift for wedding, the biggest gift is the thing that you are going to be the on their wedding. Wedding is 2 days, from 9-10h in the evening to 1-2 in the morning. depend of the part of the country first night is the wedding where you don't eat, drink a couple of water or some tea, and the second one is the dinner. In capital Tunis there are mixt modern and traditional weddings, and in the south there are traditional weddings.
The local food and one very good, a liked it very much is Cuscus with fish, it's so delicious :). A lot of food is the same like in Europe but more spicy.
How we all know that is muslim country u cant buy a bear or any kind of alcohol wherever you want. In general only in big supermarkets.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About marian


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.