Existing Member?

inside india

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry

INDIA | Friday, 28 January 2011 | Views [183] | Scholarship Entry

India is a miracle of east. Soft by people and hard by belief. One single road, people from all faith worship next to each other. The temple, mosque, church, gurudwaras share common walls.

When the the world was shaken by the great economic crisis, Indians were busy planning next big cars or designer dresses from the leading brands. It pays to be insulated at times.

Let me take you to the capital city of Delhi. Before you start your excursion decide your budget (in any case lower than most western destination). For only then I will be able to guide you to either thickly populated paharganj area that has endless hotels starting from 750 INR to 3000 INR. or to posh south Delhi star rated hotels that will cost you 8000 INR onwards.

Best time to go around the city is between october and February when the temperature is lower than 7 degrees cel. Your walking skills will not be much help as the distance between two interesting places could be as much 18 kms or even more hence some form of conveyance would be required.

As far as food is concerned, do not miss the spicy treats available at the roadside. You may may not find many traditional Indian junks in most star hotel menus. Take the example of Chhole-kulche. The baked bread and white boiled gram freshly prepared with raw tomatoes, onions and chilly.

Feeling hungry already huh!

Given a chance I will take you to each of the Delhi's monuments, culture centres, shopping centers and much more. Bet you can't see the real Delhi without me. Can you?

Try me for the Istanbul as well and I am sure you will be glad you trusted me.

Tags: #2011writing, travel writing scholarship 2011

About mapmanbs


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.