Existing Member?

Life on the High Seas

My favourite part of the World!

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 19 January 2010 | Views [656]

So, after all these years of working on the ships, yes, I have managed to see alot of the world, but I have got a favourite part of the world, it is defintely South-East Asia, especially Vietnam!  I have had many great experiences there, massage at the Rex, riding a motorbike around town, going to the market, clubbing at the Acropolapse Now, eating large plates of Tiger Prawns in garlic, the list goes on.... What makes Vietnam unique?  The people are so hospitable, willing to do anything for you, always have a smile on their face.  Let me tell you about my massgae at the Rex!  Well, a friend said, you must go to the Rex, it's like $5 an hour, and they are really good, so I rock up there looking forward to a relaxing massage, get there and the lady says, take clothes off, o.k fine, she gives me this gown that fits maybe one arm, she then says, get on the bed, well, you maybe thinking a few things now, like myself but I hopped up, next thing you know she has pushed me down and mounted me like a horse, and starts to twist my nipples, slap my ass, slap my face and this is not relaxing at all, I am in serious pain!  Anyways, it was a memorable experience and I will refrain from getting a massage there again!

Reccomendations for things to do in Vietnam:

1.  Definitely hit Ho Chi Mihn City at night, with a motorbike, it's a thrill, if you want to see these big ex-army guys with young girls hanging off there arms and a good laugh, then hit the acropolyse now, funky night-club with all kinds of music, some shady garden bar, and guys from Vietnam that are the same size of my leg, I am considered 'solid' to the polite people that don't want to say fat!!!

2. The Chu Chi Tunnels

3. Go on the Mekong Delta and see the floating markets, I even saw a couple getting married, they have full on houses on this river, crazy!

4. Go to the market and ask for a t-shirt, they see you and say I have an XXXXXXXXXXXXXL available and it still can only fit Ken and Barbie!

So, if you want to have a great time overseas and you are looking for a unique location then make sure you go to Vietnam, it is the land of smiles, and I am sure you will have many memorable experiences!

Until next time, Renee

Tags: things to do, vietnam

About maorisnz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.