Existing Member?

Chal Basanti Chal! My extended holiday around the world

Chengdu

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 19 October 2008 | Views [245]

Leaving tomorrow which is a shame as I really have enjoyed it hear. Stayed at the most amazing hostel (best so far) and met loads of people who I met early in my trip in Beijing including my 2 travel companions (the sisters) and the ozzie couple which has been brill. Made some new mates too including an Ozzie girl travelling on her own who has totally thrown my orginal plans out of order as I am now heading a bit further west towards Tibet to a place called Lijuan tomorrow and then to the Tiger Leaping Gorge which is supposed to be pretty amazing.

Have been hanging out with her these last few days. Went to a pretty little town called Hang (?) something or other by the River where Crouching Tiger was filmed - it was very pretty. Gutted that my camera has broken though but luckily she took some pictures which I am hoping to grab off her later. Today went to a few markets and did some gift shopping and also went to a night market which was lovely followed by a few of us grabbing a bite and having a Sichuan Hot Pot - Sichuan cuisine is very spicy and there were a few running noses but an awesome experience. Basically, its a bit like a fondu whereby there is a pot in the middle of the table in a burner - one side is an oily spicey stew and the other side a blander broth. You then put in your meant/veg to cook and then dip in when its done. A new experience and one I will remember for a while.

Just to keep you informed as I may be out of contact, I am heading off tomorrow at 4.20pm local time to Lijuang which is about a 24hr journey with some other folk. Should be there a few days and then will be making my way back to Guilin via  Dali (maybe) and Kunming. Then bus to Yangshou which is supposed to be gorgeous and where travellers come for 2 nights and end up staying!

Lastly, KC - you're comment about the peacocks? I wouldnt give up the day job eh! But yeah the 4 baby pandas were just sooooo cute.x

Morag - yes I am - loads ;-(.x

thats it for now folks

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.