Existing Member?

Motorcycle Diaries

Day 2- Wayanad, Kerala

INDIA | Wednesday, 5 October 2011 | Views [521]

Started the day with a hot black chai made on a prehistoric electric heater. Although the sun came out, we were still in our jackets and sweaters. As suggested by Stanley cheta, we decided to trek into the forests to the tea plantations above.

It proved to be a hard task, especially with Manu and Eashwar refusing to climb. As always Appu was walking ahead with our guide and even claims to have spotted a tiger which none of us heard or saw. Since my mates had to return to Bangalore that evening, we had to shorten our hike back to the guest house.



Stanley cheta was generous enough to offer lunch at his house. All of us hogged on the delicious hot kanji, thoran, chammandhi and pappadam that his wife had prepared. At about 2 pm they left to Bangalore, while I went back to the guest house.Had a blissful sleep for three hours and when I got up, I realised that I was all alone in the jungle with the creaking Crikets as my only companions. Later I was told that Silent Valley is so called because there are no Crikets out there, not sure if its true though.

Distance Covered- 60 km
Journey- Within Wayanad
Road condition- Good, 10 degrees to 75 degrees slope

Tags: forests, trekking, wayanad

About maninr


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.