Existing Member?

Motorcycle Diaries

Kumbhalgarh- Rajasthan

INDIA | Tuesday, 21 April 2015 | Views [231] | Scholarship Entry

During my solo motorcycle trip across India, I had the chance to visit a place called Kumbhalgarh in Rajasthan, a state thats is know to be a desert in the north west part of India. Kumbhalgarh, a hill station, is the birthplace of an erstwhile king of Mewar, Maharana Rana Pratap and as a testimony to this prosperous kingdom stands the Kumbhalgarh fort built in the 15th century. The wall of the fortress extends upto 38 km and is believed to be the longest wall after the Great Wall of China. The locals in Rajasthan come here during the summers to beat the heat, while for the rest, it is an unknown paradise. Away from the hull bulla of the more touristy places like Udaipur, Jaipur and Jaisalmer, Kumbhalgarh is a calm retreat in the desert state for those who seek to cuddle up with mother nature with only their books for company. There is also something for the history lovers, as the Kumbhalgarh fort comes to life every evening with the musical show, narrating the life and achievements of the great Rajput king.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About maninr


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.