Existing Member?

Lost After Noon

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [186] | Scholarship Entry

- Quiapo presents such a stark contrast from the city scene with images of every day life that are far from the reality we are used to. It has so much character that we often we do not feel like we are in the same country anymore when we're there. It was the farthest from Manila we could go without actually leaving it, so we chose to go there and get ourselves lost.

-
Jake Jereza
I’ve mostly done short films as personal work to build my portfolio, and am usually the writer, director, actor, and editor.

Bardo Wu
I have been the cinematographer, assistant director, co-writer, and actor in films Jake and I work on together.

-We are geared mostly toward harnessing the aesthetic and narrative power of film as a medium, and have always dreamed of taking our art to places we’ve never explored. Sadly, travelling is not something we get to do very often, but we want to see more of the world and learn what it can teach us, meet new people of different cultures, backgrounds, and views – people we would otherwise never meet here. So the chance to fly to a foreign country and document our experiences there, with a scholarship program to boot, is more than we could ever hope for.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About manakin


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.