Existing Member?

Magical_story

Try to keep things you have now.

AZERBAIJAN | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [66] | Scholarship Entry

A lot of happy and sad days I can remember in my life. For someone time heals everything, it makes you forgive and forget all bad things, but sometimes these scary memories can leave such an incurable mark in your life that nothing can fully remove it. I would never forget the day when my soul was devastated and dead like an empty desert.
It happened eight years ago on January 22- the day of my birthday. For a moment the lights went down everywhere and I was standing in front of the cake. The crowd surrounded me singing “Happy Birthday” and I was thinking about the wish. So I asked myself: “What do I need so much in this life?” I saw my parents stood in front of me and my eyes met with their eyes which were sparkling from the candle lights. Their smiles full of love filled my soul with unlimited happiness, peacefulness and lightheartedness that none of my wishes gave me that feeling. Closing my eyes I made the wish and snuffed out the candles.
I woke up late at night from the loud noise. I rose from my bed and quickly ran to the room where the sounds were coming from. There was a picture where my father was fighting with man and my mum was bleeding. I run to my mum who took my hand and tried to pull me to the hall door apart. Abruptly dad pushed a man with a gun to the sofa and ran toward us as suddenly a shot rang out again. Dad froze in the center of the room and his eyes were on me, eyes that were always loving me but now like saying goodbye.
Silence, there is no sound around me, did the nightmare end? I opened my eyes and tried to understand where I am. For a second the happiness overwhelmed me as I saw my darling faces. But my world ruined again with billion powers than before. My darling faces were looking at me as always but so lifeless. There were two gray stones with their faces and names scratched on them. Immersed in the silence, I rested my head on a stone and felt asleep.The rising sun blinded my eyes and I woke up. But I was no longer in the cemetery where I was asleep, what a miracle I was in my room, sleeping in bed. Who brought me here? I run to my parents' room and was just like in paradise, because both of them were sleeping.I remembered the question I asked from myself on my birthday: 'What do I need so much in this life?' Having so many things in my mind, I was thinking about the successful career but realizing the mean of my life I changed my mind. My wish came true,they are with me.Fortunately it was just a dream.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About magical_story


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Azerbaijan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.