Existing Member?

The Madrones Adrian & Kerry Madrone travel the world!

We have arrived!

THAILAND | Friday, 8 December 2006 | Views [426] | Comments [2]

We got into Bangkok last night (12/07) at 11:45pm. The flight was long and we were very loopy upon arrival. We then waited in a long line to get a taxi to the place where we had reservations. Slept great in a room with no window but fantastic ambiance. Woke up this morning rested and ready to be tourists. We had some delicious fresh fruit and homemade yogurt and homemade crispy rice and coconut museli for breakfast. After that we walked through the stinkiest open air market and we almost threw it all up. Seriously, it was NASTY! Rottiing fish bits and raw (uncovered in the 95 degree heat) meats were a main feature at the market.

We have already seen numerous wats (buddhist temples) around Bangkok and we're looking forward to going inside some. They are very fancy. We rode in a tuk-tuk (a three-wheeled, open-air taxi/truck/moped). Now, we're off to the airport to head south to the town of Krabi.

So far, everthing's been pretty smooth. Not bad jet lag, and pretty easy to get around.

More soon,

Kerry & Adrian

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

hi,

great to hear you have arrived and that you are enjoying
the food, if not the open air markets.
have fun in your tuk-tuk,

love you both,
mom

  mom murray Dec 10, 2006 5:28 PM

2

This is a great way to share. Glad you arrived safe. Have a GREAT time.

Clay

  Clay Hunt Dec 10, 2006 11:54 PM

About madrone


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.