Existing Member?

Exchange Trip- JiuFen, the beginning of the trip from Taiwan to Hong Kong.

The beginning of the exchange trip

TAIWAN | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [216] | Scholarship Entry

It was the unforgettable exchange trip I have ever had in my life. Last summer we decided to go to JiuFen with two of my close friends that I had not met for a year. Since it is one of the oldest town near by Taipei, it has been attracted thousands of people around the world come to visit. On the other hand, it was a prosperous gold mining town in 1950s. It bore a lot of legend in a quiet town.
Exploring around the new place is always fun.During the day, we can just look over the sea and enjoy the quiet moment. At night there is a great adventure waiting for you to go through the alley. It was like an illusion outside of the city. Walking on the street, you can not only feel Taiwanese traditional vendor culture, but experience Japanese culture. The food and the atmosphere will make you feel exotic.The red lamp decorates this town increases the myth of its story. We were sitting on the roof and playing with cats, the old men came to greet us. He owns the stone house as Bed & Breakfast. We never seen the house with a lot of stone painting and woods cutting in the balcony house. He had people from friends from Korea come to have stone portrait as the souvenir. My friends bought a boxes of sparking sticks from the store and gave to everybody. At the same time, there are three guys passed through where we were. Although we don’t know each other’s name. We delighted in JiuFen beautiful night view and the great coincidence tonight.
That was such a short time to make new friends. Three guys are from Hong Kong for graduation trip. They invited us to Pinxi next day since we didn't have any plan.We took a train to go deep into the mountain and some people who is also going to the same place. A lot small stores look like 1940s and a lot of street food invited to come in and have some ice cream. At night we wrote our wishes on a luminous lantern and ascend it into the sky. These two days we are like children back to the old time.
The time went back to two months later after that great trip, friend and I visited Hong Kong as “thanking” back to our friendship. It was amazing to have one of them as our tour guide again. We asked him bringing us to where he usually eats and his school. It was fun to have a lot of conversation with him like we met for a long time. He brought us to a lot of restaurant and walked with us instead of giving us a map and letting us get lost.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About m114_15t


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Taiwan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.