Existing Member?

Flown North for the Winter Taken off to Canada for five months to prove that wherever you go...there you are.

Still Living in Calgary

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 5 September 2008 | Views [268]

Life has moved forward. I now have a cupboard and fridge shelf full of food, a much emptier wallet, a fuller belly and am starting to settle into the ways of life here in Calgary.

I tend to get asked what the temperature here is like more than anything else, so I'll start there. It isn't cold yet...I mean, it's nippy, by my standards, even quite nippy...I find that most of the time I have two stiff dots poking through the chest of my t-shirt and my hands are usually red, but it's not unbearable. Although, there's this feeling in the air that things are going to change for the worse very, very soon. There's some kind of dread in everyones eyes as they apply an extra layer and breath out steam clouds, but it's not getting me down at all...I'm even a bit intrigued to see how I operate at that temperature.

There's not a whole lot of news, since really I've just been pottering along trying to establish myself as a functional citizen in an independent household. The apartment is getting kinda weird...two of the guys are good friends, and since all their friends don't seem to like their house-mates AND that we have a PS3 in the house, I keep walking into the apartment to see people I don't know hanging around. I'm not sure if I like it or not just yet...beer disappears faster, and the food I've spent hundreds of dollars on sits tentatively in the fridge. So...I've formulated a way around it based off my extensive past experience as a lazy young adult. I figure the least convenient food is to get, the least likely it is to be eaten...so cheese comes in big, fat blocks...salami in big, fat chunks...yoghurt hidden under lettuce leaves, leftovers frozen or hidden in the veggie crisper...I've got all the tricks.

The fourth guy of the house hasn't been around. The other two immediately assumed he was gay (I did also, cos he probably is, but the others didn't talk to him) and I think he's picked up on it. Also, there are now posters of naked ladies in the living room adourning our walls, one of which has been sideways for some time now, so Ms Serenity has been lying down instead of leaning against a tree like it should be, but I suppose it doesn't really matter what angle an exposed breast sits at.

So other than that, things are as they were before. Nikki and I bought tickets to see Neil Young in October...that is cool...and that is all. Will keep in touch if anything fun happens.

Good things to you,

Max

About m-easton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.