Existing Member?

Lyrebird

Blink and you'd miss it.....Liechtenstein

LIECHTENSTEIN | Friday, 22 June 2007 | Views [403] | Comments [1]

About 30 minutes...if you drive slowly; Leichtenstein is pretty, interesting, um....trying to think of other nice things to say about it but lets just say if you blink you'll miss it. Maybe a good thing but it was just a quick way to get to Austria. Still haven't been able to fathom why it is an independant nation; looks like Switzerland or Austria depending on whether you approach from the east or west. Otherwise it's just a rather featureless if not vaguely quaint little town struggling with an identity crisis. Having said that, the people seemed really friendly and it does have a few attractive buildings. Oh, one last thing. Liechtenstien has an impressive border.....uniformed border guards, lots of impressive traffic and big gates! But I had to wonder why all the fuss when you don't even have to stop? and I was so looking forward to this particular stamp in my passport!

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

:)
ahh, but you get a new country in your locations map!! Cool anyway. I also want to go there one day. Just for fun.

  allwelcome Apr 2, 2008 5:31 PM

About lyrebird


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Liechtenstein

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.