Existing Member?

Trials & Tribulations of Trailer Trash

Karoonda Kousins!!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 20 August 2009 | Views [391] | Comments [1]

Karoonda Castle!!

Karoonda Castle!!

Our first glimpse of Karoonda, as we approached the town, was the towering turret of the imposing “Karoonda Castle”!

 “Look”, I said, “a castle!” (joking)........”no,  Lynn......its a silo.....” he said rolling his eyes.

We had come to Karoonda, in South Australia to visit my lovely cousins, Henny and Shirl and had a great time catching up with them and the family. We all drank and talked and drank and ate and drank some more!

 We found out what a “real”  schnitzel looks like from a country pub (looked as though it had come off the side of a northern territory buffalo that had been crossed with an elephant! ) and was shown how real country boys can eat......although David did manage to hold his own.....he couldn’t let them out do him!!!

It was only a brief visit, but great to catch up and look forward to seeing them all again sometime soon in Queensland!

Comments

1

Hey guys, was just trying to do an assignment and somehow stumbled across your journal!
Hope youre having a fabulous time and cant wait to come up to qld hopefully very soon!
Love Sophie x

  Sophie Sep 17, 2009 11:27 AM

About lynn_david


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.