Existing Member?

South Sudan

Arrival Maridi

SUDAN | Saturday, 19 November 2011 | Views [317]

Hi Guys this jounal is not going to be as regular as I would like as my computer does not like the satellite dish that provides internet even though the dish is as big or bigger actually than most of the houses here. The journey here was the most straightforward anyone can remeber as entering and exiting boundaries here is usually complicated and time-consuming but not for me. Praise God.The soldier at the little airport gave my luggage a cursory once over and did not pull everything out as expected. The little plane took off from Kampala at 8am after a prayer of thanks to God by the pilot. This was mission Air after all. We flew 50 mins to Arua Nth Uganda where we (me and 5 other passengers) landed to get our passports stamed with an exit visa. We then flew to Juba, Sth Sudans capital city where we needed to land to get our entry visas stamped (£100). As we waited on the runway I began to roast instantly. I would have been well-done ready to eat in 15 mins. we then flew another 50 mins iver bush to Maridi. No animals to be seen, not a one. They all left during the war. Fortunately Maridi is 500m above sea level so not as hot as Juba. sorry got to go. More soon love love love .....

About lynn923

The houses are primitive the people are sophisticated

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sudan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.