Existing Member?

An amazing person who wants everything.

Conquer.

ARGENTINA | Friday, 9 May 2014 | Views [223] | Scholarship Entry

I´ll never forget the day that I traveled to L.A. That was an amazing experience because I was a teenager. I known a lot of people including chinese, all of them were beautiful people who always were happy and predisposed to help and talk about everything. I made a lot of friends, all of us were so far away from home and we found affectation between us. But the most amazing and strange story was on day that I known Sia. Sia was an especial woman, she was in USA to learn a little bit more about the lenguage. She was born in thailand and her desire was study something that will help to fill any position in government. Sia was so sick and tired of the injustice of poverty. She had thirty years old and in her house she housed homeless kids and taught them to read and write. I was very impressed because after that she told me that she had to work hard to get the money to travel. After contacting many people she could get a scholarship, she was very happy to study but she was upset about leaving their kids. After telling her story, she looked at me and told me that I had to be proud of having sixteen years and have a good level of English, I had to use it and not stay in the comfort zone. She hugged me, I told her a little of my story. I told her that around two years ago my brother had died in an accident and since then I was so sad. I hug her back, and she told me that she was sure that my brother was proud of me and I had to be brave and take a chance to live my life. It was a very intense conversation and heal me a lot. The other days that I spent in California were so different than the beginning. I started to enjoy in a better way. Since then my trips are full of life and fun. Today, I just want to live my life and travel a lot. I really want know the world and and fall in love once or twice of everything.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About lyla123


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.