Existing Member?

a backpack and trip

Rinjani, beautifull in a conceitedness

INDONESIA | Monday, 5 May 2014 | Views [117] | Scholarship Entry

This trip took place in June 2012. I and three of my friends go to Rinjani Mountain in Lombok Island, Indonesia. We are going from Bandung, West Java with train to Banyuwangi, East Java and across the strait with ferry ship to Bali. And continue with bus and once again with strait to Lombok island.
Lombok is a beautifull islad with many destination to visit. In lombok, you can visit Rinjani mountain, Gili Trawangan island, Gili Air island, Gili meno island, and many more.
Rinjani mountain is one of the highest mountain in Indonesia. It's about 3726 m asl.
Rinjani Mountain is a famous mount for mountaineer not only Indonesian, also the foreign mountaineer. You can climb this mountain form two famous start point, sembalun village or senaru village. From sembalun village, you get more sloping track, but longer than senaru track. The track is through a savanna and walk up around 7 small hill before get up to Lawang Sembalun, the last base camp before reach the peak. This up and down track very exhausting. However, the scenery I get from the pelawangan sembalun is awesome! I can see the sun set from elevation about 2600 m asl. Maybe it is the most peaceful moment seeing the sunset while drinking a cup of tea. To see the sunrise is a bonus when climbing a mountain. So, at the night I walk from the base camp at 2600 m asl to 3726 m asl. The tired I get from 3.5 hour walking in a rocky track is paid when i reach the peak. The sunrise from 3726 m asl with background is the siluet from the peak of the mountain and Agung Mountain at Bali, it's priceless!!
On the way to go back, we choose track to senaru village through segara anak , a lake that forming from volcano caldera at 2000 m asl. In the middle of the lake, there is a "new born" mountain called barujari and still releasing lava. From segara anak, the track is go up to pelawangan senaru at 2600 m asl elevation through almost vertical hillside. Different from the sembalun track, the senaru track though a rain-forest and shorter to reach the village.
I can say, Rinjani mountain is very beautiful mountain to climb with priceless scenery.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About luthfikamil


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.