Existing Member?

Romain's Story

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 16 June 2011 | Views [505] | Scholarship Entry

In the past my documentary making has been about relating to my subjects, connecting, understanding and portraying their lives in an unbiased and interesting way.

Most recently meeting Romain has provided another opportunity to relate and document a very real human story. Romain's story is a heroic one: a journey marking his fight against leukaemia. His deep and meaningful conversation expresses his determination to survive, while also voicing his fears in living.

Currently I have a number of projects in development. Immediately, I am scheduled to attend Palm Springs International Film Festival. Carmen Rupe my short length documentary about a 75-year-old transsexual has been selected to screen there. Ultimately, I aspire to direct feature length documentaries, showing the lives of other people: telling the stories of the worlds unique characters and their situations.

The scholarship will provide an opportunity to continue making human-interest documentaries, while also addressing the environmental issue in North East Arnhem. My interest is particularly focused at addressing the conflicting modern day waste problem the indigenous community faces, in relation to their relationship with the land. I believe my documentary skills to date; mentored by the producer Trent O'Donnellis will bring to life these peoples stories, in an honest and unbiased light.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About lucy-hayes


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.