Existing Member?

Bolivia wild colours tears joy nostalgia

Bolivia on my mind

BOLIVIA | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [225] | Scholarship Entry

Have my eyes really scoured a shade of pink on the ground, a streak of poison and mineral making gorgeous green and red-lagoons on the horizon, and a blanket of blue, of course, over the sky? And have my ears really caught the silence blowing across the desert that I've been chasing throughout this entire journey? Did I really? I cried. It was truly for the joy of being there and a sense of nostalgia was already spreading throughout me. I was going to miss Bolivia, I just knew it. It was the first time I had deeply understood the meaning of wild.

Yeah, Bolivia makes me look like a fluffy one and an inexperienced traveller, but have you ever been there? It would make you change your mind. To begin with, you would be able to see how the roads in Bolivia strain your stubbornness... it's not easy at all, travelling there, am I right? but, ehi!, what such a desire to keep going on! Deserts of rocks and sand and salt, jungles of nobody's gardens, amazing sceneries set with little white blessed houses that feed your passion for travel... Y'see? It's pure romance! I can't deny that.

The day I first met Bolivia was when I was coming from the Gran Chaco, where Paraguay becomes a far west of cactus and dust. I was blessed with being on a bus where people seemed to be trained to that dry warmth, to a 6-hour delay and, surprisingly, to being turned inside out by border officers armed with heavy rusty rifles, which might I add, were perfectly functioning. I could say I was lucky, that day, when, with such tension around, nobody was carrying over any suspicions, but most of all because that border introduced me to Bolivia. And, as at a corner of an unknown world, nature changed its face and became blooming and green over the sides of the road. Spectacular!

Well, by then I had crossed that land through the four cardinals and I tell you what, the view didn't once disappoint me. If it had, it would have been easier now. I cried when I left, like I already told you, but trust me, when you are ready to make room for Bolivia, go there and see for yourself. Nobody can tell you what strong emotion Bolivia will give you, but I am quite sure that it will be unforgettable.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About lovebolivia


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.