Existing Member?

LoznLou´s adventures

towards the seperation..

COLOMBIA | Saturday, 22 May 2010 | Views [452]

Soooooo, we loved Suesca, both very happy to go back for the second time, meet lots of other nice colombians and relahar (relax) lots. We were gonna get a night bus south to Cali but I came down with a narly fever and couldnt face it, so we spent another night at our colombian friend Willys house in Bogata.

Got to Cali and met Midget aka Daniel easily, and had a bloody good catch up. The next day we did the mish to a wee village in the jungle called San Cipriano. The 3 hour drive was beautiful and was highlighted at the end as there was no road, the locals had devised an ingenious way of transport.. they have a fully funcioning railway, so attached motorbikes to a wooden platform with train wheel-thingees. This is the most scared ive been for my safety as we were prob going like 60-70km/hr at one point. When other devises (or massive trains) come the other way they have to pick up there thingees and lift them off the tracks! Crazy and very fun. The river was beautiful, perfect for swimming, jumping and tubing but we all felt the town had a wierd vibe, very poor, taking advantage of tourists in a negative way. A dude we met told us that they dont like work, and wont buy their kids school books, so they are roaming free all day learning nothing. Most people there are completely illiterate, including business owners. Its a shame the town people have a bad attitude because the place is gorgeous.

The journey back to Cali wasnt without incident, as there was huge roadworks and no organisation we were stuck in solid traffic jams for 5.5 hours. When people had decided they had waited long enough they started overtaking the line of trucks, which clogged the road so much worse. It was the craziest traffic jam we have experienced!

So we are all leaving today, Lou and Midgee are heading south to another Colombian town, and Im off on a night bus towards the border of Ecuador to work on my farm. So this is it for the joint blog, the adventures we had have been life-changingly amazing, we have seen and experienced things we will remember forever, we have learnt things that we will never forget and our perfect friendship is stronger than ever. This trip as the Colombians would say was muy chevere!

About lounloz

Tulum Brach Mexico

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.