Existing Member?

Roller Coaster-ing to Jogjakarta

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 22 April 2012 | Views [161] | Scholarship Entry

Jogjakarta. It took two hours to get to Mr. Samsi house at Gunug Kidul from Jogja. I could catch the same atmosphere like the first time I came to here. A home with a warm friendly people, the right place that I could say as my second family. They are just an ordinary farmer, living in small old house, eating from the things that they crop, and drinking the rain water (there is no spring there). But all those things are just vanished when I saw how they are thankful with their condition. We love sharing, laughing and eating the stew corn together, so simple but so warm, so happy.

At the next day, I woke up so early, I wanted to go to the beach and I didn’t want to miss the sunrise. Mr. Samsi’s family couldn’t go with me. They must went to work. Mr. Samsi advised me to go to the beach by truck. Truck? Are you serious? Well, there is nothing going wrong with try! And my first experience stand in the box of truck was started! Wondering how was it? Well, it was same like roller coaster but in this case it was bigger, more dangerous, but more fun. The winding and up and down road make you must hold very tight, may be if you could hug the box, you should hug it, but the fact you can’t. The stalk that glides onto the road gave another challenge. You must really concentrate so you can squat when you pass the stalk. Never fend it,or the stalk hit you from back and all the people will laugh at your silliness. It took 30 minutes to get at the beach.

I missed the sunrise,but I get another sensation that I never felt before,a peace sensation that I couldn’t meet this in tourism beach. A fisherman's beach with two coral at it two and super clean sand and water with the ghost crabs hiding under the sand. Sitting at there was so interesting, watching the fisherman’s life, it was so pure, so free, made me more and more relax in there. But the most important thing is make me more understand the true meaning of life, about the thankful felling.

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

About lost_path


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.