Existing Member?

The forgotten pants

My 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip entry

USA | Friday, 9 May 2014 | Views [174] | Scholarship Entry

It was our third and last day in the big apple, and my friend and I couldn't wait to go see the Lion King on Broadway. We spent the day eating oversized slices of pizza, walking around central park and taking in the last sights and sounds of this amazing place. We were staying in different accommodation and as I was stating with a friend I had no issues with laundry. My friend however was desperate for some clean clothes taking them to a dry cleaner. So earlier that morning she had dropped nearly all her clothes off for a wash. After spending the day walking around New York we went back to our respective abodes to get ready for our big night seeing a world renown musical. The show started at 8pm sharp so leaving the Manhattan apartment I was staying in, I get a call from my friend in hysterics. She forgot to pick up her clothes! We were leaving at 5am the next morning so she had no chance of picking them up. By this point I was already on my way to the subway station to see the Lion King. I frantically ran back inside to grab some money so she could buy more. Running to the subway I jump on the train, only to find I was going in the opposite direction to where I should be. Realising I jump off at the next station and catch the next train back to where I started. Reading the subway timetable I realise there are train works going on so I need to catch another train instead. I jump on it as soon as it arrives and I end up in the same place as the last train. Frustrated and aware the show started in fifteen minutes I run out of the train station. I have no idea where I am at that point and hail the closest taxi. He kicks the client he already has out and drives at top speed all the way to Time Square. I quickly hand him money with a very generous tip, thanking him as I run out into the sea of people. Finally reaching the theater I sit down just as the opening song begins. I couldn't believe I had made it, my friend looks at me and casually asks what took me so long! The show was amazing and we bought a heap of new clothes after but the moral of this story is definitely don't forget your pants!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About lost_in_adventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.