Existing Member?

Sand Between Your Toes is Grand

Two Pina Coladas

USA | Tuesday, 19 May 2015 | Views [79] | Scholarship Entry

My Travel Treasure has been the Bahamas so far. I was able to sit on the beach in Freeport and drink concoctions of fruity drinks out of a Coconut. It was the most relaxing experience of my life thus far. We traveled from Jacksonville, Florida to the Bahamas through Carnival cruise lines. My friends and I were able to meet new people, dance on the ship, experience exquisite meals at dinner time, and enjoy those precious moments and views that you do not see on a daily basis.

When we arrived in Freeport I knew that day was something special. I stood on the upper deck of the Carnival Fascination ship, and I felt complete and utter joy. I had just gone through a difficult break up, and taking this vacation was something important at that moment in my life. As always, I had my notebook and a pen out to write about this beautiful view, and I can still remember how beautiful the island looked from where I stood.

How many people can say that they sat on the beach and drank hunch punch from a real coconut, and went parasailing over the clear blue ocean? I could probably count the amount of fins I saw from the air on two hands! It was such an adrenaline rush. I have never felt so free in my 27 years of living on this planet. That day was amazing. Good conversation, laughing while splashing in the water, all things people take for granted. These precious moments in time where nothing is on your mind, except what was happening right in front of you. Time froze for me, in a sense of me never wanting that day to end.

These are the experiences we should be having. If you're not traveling, you aren't really living life to your full potential. There are so many places I want to see, and treasures that are unknown. I plan on having more moments where time stops. I would wish that for everyone! This has been my travel treasure so far.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About lookingforadventure87


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.