Existing Member?

A story about exploring London

Adventures in London

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 2 May 2014 | Views [116] | Scholarship Entry

So even though I live in the UK and I have managed to travel to quite a few places with my parents when I was a younger, I have chosen to write about my travels to London. I always seem to find myself in this wonderful place and I will literally find any excuse to go back!
My first trip to London with a friend started last summer when we decided to go to a large Youtube gathering being held there. I'll never forget that thrilling feeling I had when we decided to go. From getting the coach at 6am and arriving in London at 11am (yes! We were exhausted!) I was still excited to get away from my hometown without any of my parents.
As soon as we arrived I felt like I was home! The adventures started with mad rush on the tubes, panicking about getting off at the right station and getting to the gathering in good time.
Despite the rushing around we did on the first day, we still enjoyed every moment as we felt like explorers wandering through Camden town and going to London zoo. Seeing the wonderful shops in Soho and smelling the alluring scent of foods in Chinatown.
We decided to try things for the first time such as Bubble tea which I absolutely love now!
When our trip had come to an end, I had never felt so heartbroken whilst returning back home. As soon as I came back home I felt like I had to be back there again, I've always preffered the huge bustling, lively cities compared to quiet areas and I was eager to do some more exploring.
Since that Summer last year, I have been back to London several times and every time I go back I seem to end up in a new part which I haven't touched yet. I've managed to see Phantom of the Opera in the theatre, explored the shops on Carnaby street, receive lots of free chocolate from M&M's world, get confused on the DLR and more I am determined to explore the whole of London and it's my dream to live there someday. But Japan is another place I want to live, so who knows what the future holds.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About london


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.