Existing Member?

Wanderings

Kuala Lumpur

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 4 September 2010 | Views [490] | Comments [4]

Petronas Twin Towers

Petronas Twin Towers

Hi everyone. Well, we've arrived in Malaysia. At the moment I'm sitting out the front of our hostel in Kuching's Chinatown, gazing upon Harry's arrestingly handsome visage over breakfast. But I suppose I'd better tell you how we got here.

Well, as you know, we flew into KL on Sunday morning, and caught the BUS and then the monorail to our hotel without too much difficulty. The Renaissance was just as opulent as I remembered, and our room on the 15th floor had an incredible view of the Petronas Twin Towers. Room service, however, was incredibly expensive, so we ventured out in search of food.

I don't think we've had a bad meal yet on this holiday. Well, there was one - chicken satays from a hawker that you were supposed to cook yourself in a vat of acrid boiling water, but we didn't leave them in for long enough and the chicken wasn't cooked :( The sauce, however, was delicious. Haven't shown any signs of food poisoning thus far. All that was damaged was our pride, as we had to slink away quietly from the hawker so he wouldn't notice we had failed at his satays...

Other than that, though... so much curry, noodles, ROTI CANAI <3 - I could eat all day. Actually, we have been eating all day, because it's so cheap!

Anyway, we had a great time in KL. Went to the market in Chinatown and bought myself some cute purple Converse in Jalan Petaling and ate delicious food, wandered around Little India and ate delicious food, wandered around the Lake Gardens and visited the butterfly farm (complete with hideous red centipede and a tarantula). Swam in the hotel pool and drank lots of gin and tonic (not without some difficulty, as tonic water seems to be something of a rarity in these parts and most people just give you a blank look when you ask for it...)

We flew into Kuching late Wednesday afternoon, and you can read about our adventures there in the next update!

Harry's perspective:

We saw monkeys!

Also there were turtles.

I had a waffle which came with cinnamon apple and icecream and chocolate sauce for $1.50 which was delicious.

Comments

1

You're making me feel hungry (and jealous!) Great photos.
LOL Grandma xxx

  Gill Mitra Sep 4, 2010 3:49 PM

2

so very jealous!! wish i could visit malaysia again.
Hope you are both well, keep us posted!
xx

  Jess Sep 4, 2010 8:27 PM

3

ROTI CANAI!!!! om nom nom :D
sounds like you guys are having a great time so far :) miss you!

  liyian Sep 4, 2010 11:25 PM

4

It's important to drink those gin and tonics to keep you safe from mosquitoes!

  David L Sep 5, 2010 12:53 AM

About lolnorman

I'M ON A BOAT.

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.