Existing Member?

Traveling with Friends

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 12 April 2012 | Views [119] | Scholarship Entry

Recently I was traveling the Tamil Nadu state of India with my two French friends.These friends came to travel India last year also and I travel with them last year also.Last year we were traveling in my car and this year we took the public transport system to travel as it was very difficult and unecconomical to send my car to Tamil Nadu state from my place in north India.
As the traveling by Taxi with a driver is much expensive no doubt and the public transport system is much cheaper , but it is much difficult to avail this opportunity due to crowds in the buses and trains.It is very much stuggle to get in or get out of a crowded train compartment in India.The stopage of train at a station is short and in this short period you need to get down and there is rush at the entrance and people wants to get in and they will not allow the passangers to get down.
You have to manage in advance to get down before your station it is you need to place your luggage at the gate and you need to stand near the gate so that as soon as the train stop at your destination station you are the first to get down otherwise people who want to get in the train will pull you inside the compartment.This was a new experience to my French friends and they were unable to understand it and manage it and we were trapped in the crowds.
It is better to decide in advance what mode of transport you are going to take according to your budget and study it.If you want to save money on transportation you will have to coup with the crowds in India if you can not bear this then it is better not to go for the public transportation to save little money on the cost of inconvience.
It is better to study before hand all the complications and consult and read a good book like Rough Guides before taking your journey so that you must be aware of all the short coming and you will be able and prepared to face them.
Keep your cool and never regret your bad decisions so that your next travel will not suffer.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About lokgoel


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.