Existing Member?

TALKING LEAVES NEVER SELL YOURSELF SHORT OF ANYTHING

Getting used to Pnomh Penh

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 19 September 2010 | Views [327]

 Alann De Vuyst 5 June 2010  21:06

I moved from a hotel Dara Seng to Capitol Guest House, in an attempt to cut my expenses by half. I inflamed my sciatica nerve by carrying too much bagage.

About two hours ago, I ran into a German, who supposedly is a teacher manager for a new school fifteen kilometers outside Pnomh Penh. He was looking for teachers, he said. We talked a bit, got to make xeroxes of my credentials and promised me, after having asked me two usd for my criminal record check at the police station, that he would pick me up tommorrow to show me the school. 

However, he left me with the motorbike taxi rider, who told me he had borrowed one dollar from him and that I had to pay the taxiride for the day.

I hope the German is not a confidence tricktster. I was already cheated by the hairdresser, who charged me six usd instead of the going rate of one usd for a haircut, shampoo and head massage...Something I thought would happen, as I had asked the barber beforehand to tell me the price, but he didn't speak English and gestured to me to take a seat in the big arm chair. It was a no win situation. He might have charged two or three for the shampoo...anyway no use in crying over spilt milk.

Tags: pnom penh barber budget teaching guest house hote

About loborojo

Phimai, Thailand 2007

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.