Existing Member?

Lisa's Adventures London to Home Hi All, Well it is time I moved on. I am heading home in July but so you can read about my adventures I have set this site up. Please read, enjoy and drop me a line sometime. See you all soon. Love Lisa xx

Good Morning Vietnam

VIETNAM | Saturday, 8 September 2007 | Views [687] | Comments [5]

Hi All,

Well since I last wrote I have pretty much travelled the length of vietnam. I left Hanoi last saturday night and ran into a couple of girls I met the previous day on the trip to Ha Long Bay. It was nice to travel with people I kinda new on a very long bus trip with very little airconditioning and a pain in the bottom german who liked to take up 2 seats instead of 1.

I arrived bright and early sunday morning in Hue to be greated by the national holiday celebrations. So many people out and about and lots of colour things about. We were also mobbed by hotel people offering rooms. I ended up sharing for the next few days with a english girl.

After heavy showers and lots of people lying saying one more minute we eventually got people to take us out to the royal tombs. This was pretty cool. As it is interesting to know that the royals could choose their land, build what they want there and relax on and off until they died and then were burried. Then the new royals found a new spot to relax and the process started again.

Next morning we were off to Hoi An. This was such a lovely place. The people were so friendly and the place itself just had a great atmostphere about it. Hoi An is also the place you are able to get anything tailored you like and pretty much as cheap as chips. After lots of thinking I only got a pair of shorts and a skirt made at the cost of about 10 pounds. The rest of the time was spent at the beach, round the pool or eating awesome spring rolls.

My next stop was Nha Trang. This was a nice beach side town and I definately made use of the beach as it is sooooo hot and humid. First night met some of the locals at diner (they happened to be american and english but had been living in the town for 2-3years). It was cool to meet some friendly places and hear some of the stories. The next morning I ventured for a day on a boat cruising the islands, snorkelling, swimmming, getting told off for sitting on a chair on the beach and generally chilling. It was a great day except for the little bit sunburn I have on my back (I even had plenty of sunscreen on too).

And now I have just arrived in Ho Chi Minh city where I plan to stay for a couple of days to explore the city see the Cu Chi war tunnels then it is off on a Meckon Delta tour then into cambodia.

So I hope all is well with everyone. Those back in england I hope you enjoyed your holidays and that you have survived your first week back at work, I am thinking of you while still travelling. Those at home in oz, I hope the footy finals are going your way and Go EELs and Storm (knowing my luck they will make it to the grandfinal and I will be in Thailand somewhere).

Till next time

Lisa xxx

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Hi Lisa
Sounds like you are having a relaxing time on this leg of the trip home. Sitting by the pool, beach and snorkelling and swimmings sounds great!!
I beleive that Vietman is a beautiful place and the scenery is very green and pretty. Home you get to see it all and hope the trip to Thailand is as exciting as the rest of the trip.

Speaking of finals - GO THE HAWKS!! Hawthorn are playing footy in the Finals month so September and we are loving it! Have no voice after our three point win over the Adelaide Crows on Saturday last. Roll on the Kangaroos this week.

I know your Mum and Dad are interested in the Rugby finals, go Storm, but AFL for me!!

Take care kiddo - see you sooner as each week goes by!

Lots of Love
Jocelyn Mason

  Jocelyn Mason Sep 10, 2007 5:35 PM

2

Hi,

Poor old bunnies, gone for another season. Storm killed the broncos 40 - 0. Parra play bulldogs this weekend and if they get through then they will meet storm in Melbourne the following week. Unfortunately they will not meet in the Grand Final but we will have one team in the grand Final no matter which way it goes. Have the car races this weekends so the Coxs from Queanbeyan will be down on Thursday. Had lunch with Duane on Saturday and will ring him for his birthday on Wednesday. Off to fishing meeting now.

Keep safe.

Love dad & Mum.

  Dad & Mum Sep 10, 2007 6:53 PM

3

Hey Hey!
Good to see your still alive and wandering around! Great minds think alike, while your sunbaking in asia, i'm sunbaking and swimming in Santa Monica California on the Baywatch beaches. Pity I don't look like them in a swimsuit! Alls going well for me, only 7 more days before I reach aussie soil and I cant wait. Some bastard decided to nick my camera from my pack while getting off the plane at LA, so I've lost all my photos from the grand canyon. Not happy but ohh well sh!t happens. I bought a new camera last night as there are plenty more photos to be taken in far north QLD.

Cant wait to see you in sunny Melbourne where we can be tourists and explore the city we dont actually know.

Keep exploring and having a blast!
Bec
PS when are you expecting to be home?

  Bec Sep 14, 2007 2:42 AM

4

Hi Lisa - so what's the ETA for Melbourne!? Sounds like you're having am amazing trip. So next is Thailand I gather? I'm in the process of trying o sort something out for SEptember school Holidays at the end of next week, thinking about maybe heading over to Christchurch but I wish I had known you were in Thailand! Enjoy the rest of your travels and looking forward to seeing you soon. x

  michelle Sep 15, 2007 12:30 PM

5

Hey sis, good to hear you have learnt alot, and have had a good time. Thankyou for the messages last week. Hope the trip into the mekong and cambodia are good. I am jealous right about now though. Well hope all is good. Catch you later SIS.

  BRO Sep 18, 2007 1:53 AM

About lmc303

Snails, yummy

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.