Existing Member?

Lisa's Adventures London to Home Hi All, Well it is time I moved on. I am heading home in July but so you can read about my adventures I have set this site up. Please read, enjoy and drop me a line sometime. See you all soon. Love Lisa xx

I conqured the Great Wall

CHINA | Sunday, 26 August 2007 | Views [640] | Comments [1]

Well it is Sunday and my legs are still bloody sore from the Great Wall Walk that I undertook on thursday. Yes thats right still sore.

Anyway as the story goes early thursday morning we ventured to the Jinshanling part of the great wall for a 10km hike to Simati. We were given 4 hours to complete it, which at the time seemed a hell of a long time.

You were given to options at the start. You could catch the gondala up or walk an extra hr. I decided to hike. After getting to the point were the gondala joined in just 30min I thought it wasnt going to be too bad of a day. Little did I know.

After steep inclines where I was virtually using my hands to get up either the giant steps or stop me from falling back down the hill to reach the top and try my hardest not to go arse over on the way back down, to then repeat this over and over and over again for 3 hours. So much fun.

Anyway it took about 3 hrs to complete the walk, 3 litres of water and an extremly sore legs I made it. The views from the wall were amazing as well as the wall itself. I definately felt sorry for the guys who would have built this huge thing in the begining or had to take messages up and down it everyday, man they would have been fit little cookies.

So now its sunday and I am waiting for my train to hanoi. I am sad that I havent been able to see everything I wanted to in china (although I did get to visit the pandas in the beijing zoo which was sooooooo run down), but the tickets were against me (or realistically the ticket ladies were against me).

Anyway I am looking forward to moving on as it is getting me closer to home. I hope all is well, drop us a line and let is know how you are.

Till then take care  xx

Tags: Adventures

 

Comments

1

Hey Lisa,
Great to finally catch up on reading your Blog! I'm sorry I haven't done it earlier, but i'm sending my love. Sounds like you have had an amazing journey and are addicted to trains. Plus what a great way to finish... in luxury on the Ghan!

Alls well for me. Arrived in New York last night and the solo aventures are about to begin. Going to see the Yankees play on Friday night, before flying off to Vegas on Saturday. Not really sure of plans after that but should include visiting a friend in Arizona, hiking in the Grand Canyon and going to Page for a canyon I really want to take photos of.

Well best dash. Take care and keep smiling!
Bec

  Bec Strachan Aug 27, 2007 11:44 PM

About lmc303

Snails, yummy

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.