Existing Member?

Over 50 in Thailand Volunteer Vets with elephants in Thailand.

Elephant Nature Park

THAILAND | Tuesday, 24 January 2017 | Views [305]

Finally arrived just in time for lunch on Monday. We then had an orientation session and were assigned accommodations. The rooms are minimal but adequate. The washrooms are an adjustment when coming from North America. The  shower is a corner of the room but it has hot water so no problem. The toilets are much like those in Mexico. No putting paper in them or they plug. You simple put the paper in the bin provided. For bowel movements you are to used the "bum gun" to rinse then paper to finish. It actually works just fine. 

There is a magical feel about the Park. Gentle giants everywhere in all their grace and splendor. Several hundred(500)dogs, several hundred cats, water buffalo and horses, all rescued and well looked after. We had a Welcome ceremony, performed by a Shaman. We were blessed with happiness and health. Then it was supper time.  The food is all vegetarian and delicious. Everyone turned in shortly after 8pm, such party animals. I am pretty sure no one slept much between the dogs barking every now and then, the cats howling intermittently and the odd elephant trumpeting.

Tags: first day

 

About ljkennedy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.