Existing Member?

LIVING WITH THE DEAD

LIVING WITH THE DEAD

INDIA | Thursday, 4 July 2013 | Views [187]

Watching Television

Watching Television

Photography has been my passion ever since childhood but I could not pursue photography seriously till 50 years of age. A civil engineer by profession, I spent about twenty five years of my Service career being shuttled across the country in various construction projects.  Now having settled down in the Company’s city office, I am finally got some time to pursue my love and take up travel photography with a dream of changing my profession in the 2nd innings of my life.  I am physically fit for travelling around the world.

Now photography for me is an all consuming passion which becomes a tool to fulfill my creative urge. Photography helps me to confront time and capture the moments forever. Photography helps me to view the world in details. Through my Camera lens, I love to portray the culture, the livelihood of various type of people I met while travelling. I love to translate the view in front of me into the still photograph that has a message, a story  eliciting feelings and emotions of people.

Finally, photography has changed my life totally.  It has helped me to forget my pains, my failures, my weaknesses and transported me to the magical world of colours, images, artistic perceptions and of course creativity. It has helped me to forget the negative side of life and recreated a purity of mind.

To conclude, I may happily say that to me my photographs are a reflection of who I am, what I see and what my life is all about.

Tags: travel

 

About livingwiththedead


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.