Existing Member?

Freedom

Two feelings

GREECE | Thursday, 14 May 2015 | Views [198] | Scholarship Entry

It has been difficult to make this decision because I have had very good experiences in different places where I have been. I really enjoy every thing when I am abroad or when I know new places.

But I am going to talk you about one place who conquered my heart in 2013. I went on a cruise with my University classmates and we visited a few gorgeous places (Venezia, Dubrovnik, Athens, Corfu, Santorini and Istanbul). I would describe every town but It is not the point in here. So, I will write about how I felt in Santorini, a great island with something special.

Why Santorini? It is easy. It was the first time I rode on a quad and It was fantastic! I felt the speed, the freedom, my adrenaline was on the clouds. We had very little time and we had to do our best to know that island, so we decided to ride on a quad.

Santorini is very cozy and nice, and the houses are blue and white. The views are great. You can sit down in a pub seeing the sea. This one makes me feel free. You do not see land anywhere, only sea. When you think about it, you realize we are so tiny compared with the universe.

When we left the quads, we had to run to take the cableway. To get it, people from Santorini helped us and told us where we had to go. They were very gentle. We did not talk Greek but there was not any need to speak it. When you feel the need to communicate something, you get it. No matter the language. We were under pressure as we thought It was going to be impossible to arrive in time. But, once we got the cableway, we breathed quietly. After that, we rode on the last boat which would get us to our cruise.

So, I experienced two feelings in Santorini. On the one hand, I experienced the tranquility seeing the sea and, on the other hand, I experienced the speed. We had to see everything quickly because we had to arrive in time to the port. It was very exciting. I do not know what would have happened if we had not arrived on time.

If I was planning to do it again, I would spend more time in Santorini. I saw a few restaurants which looked like very nice and I had no time to sit down having a drink there. In spite of having a great time, I would not ride on a quad again. It was great but, when I visit a place, I prefer to walk around. In this way, I realize about more details.
I would recommend other people to go there to be relaxed, unwind from the daily routine, to see the great sunset and to have fun with the quads if they were there more than a few hours.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About livingthelife


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.