Existing Member?

A year downunder 2008 Im off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz. It's not quite the Chronicals of Narnia but close enough - the Chronicals of Oz or a year down under!!

The adventure begins!

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 5 January 2008 | Views [400]

I've finally made it down under, it's been a long journey via Dubai but I'm actually here in Perth, WA. The hostel I'm staying at is nice - the beds are comfy and clean and the people I've spoken to already are nice. The place is very multicultural, I've spoken to English, Irish, German, South African and Aussie people already and I've only been here 24hrs!!!

Been in to the city this morning to get some groceries and some other stuff, it was a good idea in theory, in practice it was a different story because I had to walk all the way back with 3 heavy bags of shopping!!! - from now on I'm just going to live on light weight things that are easy to carry and fit into one bag!! (yeah, right!!!)

The time seems to be going really quickly over here, the hours in the day are flying by, that might have something to do with me being an hour behind the rest of the state (I'd reset my watch but hadn't considered daylight savings)despite this, I've adaptd quite well to the time difference except I can't work out the exact time back home too well!!! 

Tomorrow I think I'm going to get the city sight seeing bus and have a day of being a tourist and find out what Perth has to offer and take lots of photos and I might head down to the beach and start working on the tan!!!!

Tags: Shopping

 

About little_miss_naughty


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.