Existing Member?

No Woman, No Cry: A Night With the Bedouin in Wadi Rum

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 14 October 2012 | Views [183] | Scholarship Entry

Los Angeles' downtown has become a hot spot for locals over the past years, and is a new symbol of home to both Kate and Kat. From the filmmaker's perspective, any city scape is a joy and challenge to capture. From a presenter's perspective, who wouldn't jump at the chance to dangle from 30 stories in the air to get a better view?

Kate studied film production in college, and documentary film making in Dusseldorf, Germany. Since then, she wrote/directed/produced a short comedy film, created a web series and shot a music video for the band BIG WHUP. Kat is currently ProjectExplorer.org's lead presenter, and has hosted/produced series in Costa Rica, Belize, Mauritius, and Azerbaijan (Oct 2012).

Kate works at a production company, but it is her goal to direct, write, and produce her own work. Winning this scholarship would give her the opportunity to get out from behind a desk and get creative. For Kat, ProjectExplorer.org only provides very limited (twice a year) and specific experience (children's educational). Winning this scholarship would give her a chance to present from a new perspective. Both would benefit from more insight in the industry--and, as always, practice.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About little_kat_big_world


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.