Existing Member?

amazon to the andes

Touchdown Peru

PERU | Sunday, 10 June 2007 | Views [365] | Comments [3]

Touchdown in Peru after 30 hours of travel (including stopovers) arrived in Lima at 1am.  (We were looking so exhausted after all our travels that our passport photos started to look like glamour shots!). The tour company picked us up directly at the airport which was fantastic. Everyone who owns a car - toots their horn at all hours ( the earplugs worked well). 

We are feeling a rude as our Spanish is extremely poor - at the momento...but we are trying desparately to come up to speed (smiling helps)

We have a couple of lazy days to get comfortable and then head to the amazon, followed by macchu pichu....and it will be full on from there.

Both of us have lost our email address book so it would be great if people could email our hotmail(sophie) and gmail (struan) asap.

Our first impressions of Lima are - smog, friendly, exquisite architecture, ponchos.

Tonite we try out pisco sours - a local cocktail.  More details to follow.....

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

Comments

1

Hola! Glad you made it to Lima, and hope you enjoy your couple of days there. Must tell more about the pisco sours - drunk to wash down the guinea pig, perhaps? Have a great trip to Amazon.

Megan

  Megan Jun 11, 2007 6:54 AM

2

Glad to see that you arrived safely!!! Mum still has to learn a bit about blogging! Nothing like revealing the family secrets!

Very envious. Keep up the notes - great to read.

Love Emma. PS Bridgy misses you.

  Emma Jun 11, 2007 10:21 AM

3

Excellent! Have fun, will be looking forward to your postings and photos!

  Charles Jun 15, 2007 8:23 AM

About lima_llama_loo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.