Existing Member?

headin south

pacha mamma we're coming home

GUATEMALA | Tuesday, 27 July 2010 | Views [709]

i met joe or crazy horse in puerto morelos, mexico. he was dubbed little bear by the mayan sage, he had met in los angeles 7 years ago.

an ancient mayan - one from a higher dimension, with the ability to know past and future and apparate with a body hard as wood.. this black jesus invited little bear to join with his tribes in the jungle of yucatan/belize/guatemala. he said he should bring along as many people as possible for this would be the safest place to be within these changing times...one better be able to live in harmony with pachamamma/mother earth, or else....

the shift is already happening, so says the mayan calendar..and the dark age ends with december 2012

so we're searching..driving with his '73 ford maverick down dirt tracks, which the low laying race car is not made for, taking buses and pick-ups into the last villages in the jungle.. asking all over..asking for spiritual healers, shamans, indigenas, mayans who live the ancient ways without destruction and fear, independent from money and shops,...

..moving forward by the recommendations and directions people give. 

nothing..the closest we came so far was a 16 year old boy in belize to whom the ancient mayan king also had appeared within a castle made of jade and a choir of animals singing in the garden infront of the magnificent castle.

now.. whilst looking for the magical, we are confronted with the crass opposite, namely immense separation from the divine: borders and army, human hunters and coca cola & co.

the lacandon jungle on the guatemalan/mexican border was our last destination.:

we parked the maverick safely with roundclockwatch in front of the military casita by the el ceibo crossing. hiked up to the guayakan village and its beautiful laguna, spend 2 nights at the conap- mountain security -encampment right by the lake. they wished us well on our way to piedras negras ruins, 6 hours hike to get to san francisco and from there another couple of hours.  so we went early in the morning , detracked too long at the second laguna within this stunnimg mountain plain at the beginning of our hike, we arrived in san francisco totally exhausted before night fall. as we didnt plan to come to mexico, we had no pesos in our pockets and the village exchange rate was ridiculous. so we moved into an empty corn shed back on guatemalan grounds with a zapote tree to its side and roasted some green bananas and unripe zapote, fighting off the mosquito hordes with smoke from the fire and our last mosquito repelling incence. recovered, but having had our hiking share or mosquito run along muddy jungle trails passing trough slash-burned hills and valleys, we took the advice to take the road instead of the many misleading paths towards piedras negras. now relatively close to palenque we decided to travel to this vortex place and maybe find more info there. we hiked more along the roads to the 55km distant town of tenosique, as getting a ride was almost impossible with all the fear getting into trouble with carrying illegals.

in tenosique on the road to palenque we literally ran into the immigration cops, who wanted nothing but our passports. not letting us finish our story, they took us into the building which turned out to be a prison..holding many people from honduras, nicaragua, belize, guatemala and brasil. so joe had opportunity to talk his mothertongue portugese, while he spend one whole day and night there.

explaining that we dont usually carry documents through the jungle and entering into mexico incidentely, they checked our names in their system, but only my details appeared.  we took advantage of the 3 meals per day, even with a vegetarian option and a bag of sanitary items...pressumably sponsored by the us government. while joe slept in the freezing air conditioned room with people moving around, i made myself comfortable with my yoga mat and sheets in front of the storage room outside the building but still within the compound walls. they asked me if i wasnt scared ("¿no tienes miedo?") sleeping outside not taking the privileged air con floorspace...locked in, protected with a machine gun,

a scarry place indeed!

the next day i got a ride with the immigration police van to the border to fetch our papers from the car. he breaked for every public transport and suspicious looking illegal coming from the guatemaltecan direction..they caught 2 men who joined me in the van with barricaded windos. i felt embarrassed to be part of this hunt and wished i would have taken the public transport instead.   

getting with no complications in and back out of guatemala, i received a next passport-page-filling-stamp for 6 months for mexico. joe had to leave mexico within 48 hours, which we kindly disregarded by coming back into guatemala inofficially at the frontera corozal-tecnica rivercrossing.

within the lacandon jungle we stayed with a very kind family in lacanja who let us sleep on their frontporch in the yard, with chicken and dogs and cats running around. not very traditional though with coffee, sugar, rice 'n beans, pasta, yes even maseca (cornflour) bought from the village shop.  i made most use of the abundance of avocados from the wild avocado tree next to their house by the river, initiating them into their free and healthy animal food source.

practically all villagers were living of the tourism, which spoiled some of them, who ask for ridiculous fares,rents or fees.. getting greedy..starting to build concrete houses, having cellphones and satelite, sipping coca cola in front of the tv

they had to leave their jungle for a money minded world...soon, but very soon they will return with the return of the ancient mayans coming to help us from outerspace..

..to get back where we belong...  

 

About liliwanderlust


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.