Existing Member?

Unbelievable memories

Beyond limits

SWITZERLAND | Sunday, 27 April 2014 | Views [160] | Scholarship Entry

Geneva… Every time I heard this name, I fancied something unreachable… far beyond limits… it seemed I had to pass a long long way in order to reach this beautiful city of marvels…
August 16, 2011… I arrived in Geneva Airport late at night, then took a taxi which brought me to the Hotel on Rue de Bern. August 17… my birthday…
On this beautiful summer day, I was chasing the Sun which finally took me to where I wanted to be… the Lake Geneva and the gorgeous Jet d’Eau- the famous landmark of the city and one of the tallest fountains in the world. Besides being a great site of interest, Jet d’Eau is a symbol of strength, vitality and ambition of Geneva and Switzerland. I was looking at the marvelous play of water strings and feeling the power that goes beyond and far above my soul… Then my eyes gazed upon the Lake- Le Lac Léman… I was standing on the shore of this crystally pure and magnetically beautiful Lake and dreaming… the gentle summer breeze was playing with my hair, tenderly soft and warm Sun was fondling my skin… it filled my heart with tenderness and a sense of eternity… after a while, I realized my place on this Earth and a soft stimulus helped me to continue glazing my day…
My next purpose was to take a boat tour, which would help me to enjoy thoroughly the beautiful Léman and its surroundings… The name of the boat tour was ideally chosen as it was truly coming from the melody of my heart- Mermaid tour…
The continuation of my trip was one of the most astonishing sites of interest in Geneva, a botanical masterpiece- The Flower Clock. The Clock is located near Jardin Anglais and contains around 6500 flowers and plants. The floral arrangements change according to the season. The most amazing detail is that the wonderful botanical masterpiece indeed shows the correct Swiss time. I made some pictures and observed the clock for a while… my admiration was so great that I couldn’t resist but the next day I visited the Botanical Clock one more time in order to observe it in detail and enjoy the full contemplation…
Light and pleasant emotions were playing in my heart, yet some incomplete feelings were still there in my soul… It was certainly one of the most unusual and saturated days in my life… but I wished I could be there with someone special… with my sweet half, who could turn on all the lights of my heart and make my world complete…
Let it be how it shall be… and let all the separate hearts find each other wherever they are…

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About lilie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.