Existing Member?

The Lone Adventures of Li-Lu

Taupo Fun

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 11 March 2008 | Views [915]

Turned up in Taupo yesterday and was greeted by a lot of familiar faces!! Nearly everyone iv met so far on my trip seem to be staying here at Base backpackers in Taupo!! Awesome! Trip was only an hr from roturua so nothing strenuous!! Went for a wander to the lake....its huge...the largest in australasia. really gorgeous, can see the tongariro mt in front of us...hope to up there soon!! its massive tho, argh!!

Trundled back to the hotel ready for a quiet night in but bumped into a couple of girls we met in roturua and so stopped for a cheeky beer, its troublesome tht all these hostels have bars!! sat chatting to some other girls who turned out to be girls that dain knows from paihia!! really random...maddy was like yeah iv been in the bay of islands for 4months...i was like hang on and it all clicked into place! small world as they were like oh my god, your the girl dain keeps talking about!! had such a giggle last night and ended up dancing the night away in element bar. Got up early this morning and hiked to Huka Falls on my own as shane and lauren A) werent awake at that time and B) they are in the process of doing a skydive at this very moment!! crazy people, im such a wuss!! chilling out this afternoon then back to auckland tomorrow to meet dain and plan our travels for the next month, cant wait!!

Tags: Friends

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.