Existing Member?

The Lone Adventures of Li-Lu

To Singapore

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 25 February 2008 | Views [675] | Comments [5]

So I made it to Singapore on the first half of my journey! Edinburgh to London went fine just seems like I've been travelling for days already having left my house at 8am Sunday morning!! Arrived at Heathrow and managed to stand in the wrong queue for 15mins at check in, sensible!! Finally got to the desk with a very nice lady sat there telling me I had a really nasty seat for my (12hr!) flight, gee thanks missis. But then she stopped me and says "how do fancy telling a little white lie today...?" I said about what..."well you can either be claustrophobic or have a water infection?? aisle or window??" We conferred and decided that I'd developed a bad case of IBS and therefore needed an aisle seat for access to obvious amenities. So I got my boarding pass and trundled over to customer service to tell my little lie! HAHA it worked, pretty embarrassing discussing the ins and outs of IBS but hey it got me a different seat. Turned out that I had no-one sat next to me so had a nice amount of space for the duration...awesome!! Didnt get much sleep though coz nervous bladder syndrome kicked in (mother, stop laughing!) Spotted a couple of people id have liked to talk to (ie hot guy) but alas i was surrounded by singaporeans and oldies who i got bored of after 5 minutes..partly coz i couldnt hear what half of them were saying...oops!

The flight was good apart from that, Singapore Airlines is incredible! Was greeted by a double decker plane (!!), hot towels, Beef steak for dinner, 4 course breakfast (abs you would have loved it, I even got grapefruit!!), free alcohol and juice (yes ok i dont get out much!)

So now im standing in the airport typing this after getting confused with transit and arrivals therefore missing the tour bus for singapore so im back in departures hanging out till my flight at 9. This place is massive, thought id find people to talk to but the place is so flipping big its impossible!! Gonna go grab some noodles and fill up for the journey! Next stop ACB backpackers, Auckland where on weds im going to fall foul of a tequila off i promised dart...wish me luck!! Love you all xx

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

Comments

1

Hi darling, so glad you're keeping a blog to keep us updated on your farway travels.

So sad i didnt get your text til today...new phone troubles. But so happy that the journey has gone well so far. Giggles about the double decker plane...wow!!!!

I've got 2 huge research projects on the go at the mo and have to hand in the abstract and 500 words for each of them this week, so busy busy (as per!).

Take care of yourself beautiful, lots of flirting to keep you cheerful and lots of water to keep you healthy...no guzzling mind, i know your super-fast drinking records (NOT!)

love you lots xx

  Leila Newton Feb 25, 2008 11:55 PM

2

hey my lovely li-lu!
argh cant believe u wil actually be in new zealand now!(i think) i spent the day at work yesterday complainin to evryone that you were jetting off to new zealand and they were all as jealous as i am! u silly bear for all of your muddles already! very confidence inspiring for us to read tht u managed to get lost before u even left the country! lol...hope u got to NZ safe and keep in touch mon petit pois! your one and only spambrain of a sister . muchos love. xxx

  danielle Feb 26, 2008 2:53 AM

3

Hello my darling, hope you're having the most wonderful time am so incredibly jealous! Be good,keep safe, meet lots of wonderful and interesting people and you must keep writing your blog (include photos if poss) so i can keep up to date on everything that you're doing!

lots of love
Lizzie xxxx

  Lizzie Feb 26, 2008 4:53 AM

4

Hi babes, hope the second part of your flight went okay and that youre not too tired after travelling across the globe. Fancy getting lost in the airport, mind you sounds like the size of a small town. Hope the bladder problems have stopped and that the IBS has cleared up at least till you have to fly home. Love and miss you already, take care. Message from Mum coming soon when she gets out of the bath.

  Dada Feb 26, 2008 8:26 AM

5

Hiya
Apologies to all reading this that you now all know I was in the bath !!!! Dad doesn't quite get the whole facebook etc messaging hah ! Mind you neither do I but hey you must be mid flight I think and on your final bit so lets hope its a good one and you must now be envious that i am nice and clean smelling whilst you must be looking forwar to a nice hot shower.
Hope to hear from you in the morning to let us know you arrived safe. love and miss you , Mummy XXXXXX

  Mum Feb 26, 2008 8:32 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.