Existing Member?

VIVED

My Scholarship entry - Understanding a Culture through Food

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 21 March 2012 | Views [232] | Scholarship Entry

I traveled Pakistan, mostly the cities but when it comes to food I prefer Lahore. Lahore is city with an extremely rich food culture. People from Lahore are famous all over the country for their love for food.
Lahore offers a variety of nighttime activities. There are popular shisha bars, attractive food outlets, and musical concerts and shows. The blend of food and music at some uniquely expressive locales is exceptional. Most of the food chains are also here.
I myself a Lahori and like all kind of lahori food specially the breakfast of “BONG PAYE” and the best place to find the quality Bong Paye Is “The Food Street” .
Delicious food is something which is loved by every individual, no matter what its inception might be. Gawalmindi Food Street is considered to be one of the prominent cultural centers of Pakistan.Each dish has its own unique taste.The food is very cheap yet delicious enough to water your mouth just by thinking of it. It’s a fact that you will have all types and varieties of excellent food at single destination.
No doubt the street is a heaven for food lovers, magically enlightened with beautiful, charming and colorful lights. It is said that Lahore never sleeps, so does this food street in Lahore. The old buildings of the market with attractive windows and wonderfully carved wood exterior are there to catch your attentions as an example of Kashimiri and Persian architecture.
If you are the one seeking to enjoy and have a taste of the food culture of the heart of Pakistan, Lahore, at one place then Gawalmandi is the place of your choice. It is a place to tantalizingly treat your taste buds. Here you can try the traditional Chicken Biryani, Chicken Tikka, Lahori Chargha, Seekh Kabab, Karahi, Haleem, Halwa Pori and Chana, Kheer, Rus Malai and Lasi.
There is a place in “Mochi Gate” where the you can find the very famous “Seekh Kababs” of “Saiyan” this place is very old since 1925. Saiyan use to serve Shahi Kings.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About light


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.